Magnets are undeniably cool. No matter how much I read about them and try to understand, the mystery is never solved. While I understand how they work, the effects that they exert on the world around us are so great that it’s difficult to truly grasp. These gifs only serve to further amaze me.
1. This is what happens when a magnetic field is applied to ferrofluid.
2. Shattering glass using two magnets.
3. This is what happens when you apply a magnet to an old TV. The magnet disrupts the path of electrons firing at the glass, and can permanently damage the picture.
4. A magnet inside a copper tube.
5. A neodymium magnet being absorbed by magnetorheolical fluid.
6. A well set-up bottle opener with a magnet to catch the caps.
7. This is what happens when you apply an electro-magnet to aluminum.